Join Our Community!
Are you an Atheist looking for other like-minded friends?
Atheists United SLO is a meeting place for all atheists, agnostics, and science-based skeptics to get to know each other, share ideas and build a community of like minded individuals in San Luis Obispo County. We have a vibrant and active organization that offers a variety of events to suit individual interests.
With 300 members, support for a secular and religion-free lifestyle in our small community is strong.
Whether you're just looking for a social outlet to meet other-non believers or you want to engage in more atheist activism, discussions and reading, we have activities planned that welcome your involvement.
We are an active, exciting community of people that:
- Encourages critical thinking about religion
- Advocates for the separation of church and state in our community
- Educates the community about the positive aspects of atheism
- Cultivates solidarity and support within our atheist community
We have a wide variety of activities:
- Social get-togethers where atheists and those questioning their beliefs can talk about anything in a casual, friendly atmosphere
- Guest speakers (atheists, social activists, authors, free-thinkers and skeptics)
- Pub and pizza nights
- Movie nights
- Book discussions related to atheism, science and philosophy
- Political and social advocacy
- Fundraising and community service
- Critical thinking & education forums
- Potluck socials and annual barbecue
We are seeking active members off all ages to enrich our group. Your participation is valuable in creating a viable and visible atheist community.
Please join us, and be part of the collective momentum toward a religion-free and reality-based lifestyle!
UPCOMING EVENTS!Seth Andrews: A Humorous Evening With Host of “The Thinking Atheist”
Friday, June 26th 5:30PM
Steynberg Gallery Cafe
1531 Monterey St. SLO
Join us for an evening with author and radio host Seth Andrews for a random romp across the planet…and a humorous talk entitled "Sacred Cows: A Lighthearted Look at Belief and Tradition Around the World". Seth is host of the award winning podcast, "The Thinking Atheist".
Doors open at 5:30 for food & drinks, show at 6:30 PM. Cafe menu is available for bites with wine & beer cash bar. Admission is FREE and open to the public with donations much appreciated! Plan to hang out with Seth after the show for a social mixer and book signing.
With a mix of humor and heart, Seth Andrews speaks around the country about his former faith, the rise of reason, and why we should all pursue a personal relationship with reality.
RECENT NEWS!Dr. Ray Weymann Receives 2015 Humanist Award
AUSLO awarded the 2015 Humanist Award to retired astrophysicist Ray Weymann for his outstanding efforts to advance the public understanding of science in our community. The award was part of the Central Coast Coalition of Reason’s Week of Reason, a series of events celebrating secular values.
“Ray is truly a scientific beacon in our community, illuminating our understanding of important local and global issues,” said Steve Arkowitz, president of AU SLO.